Psychoanalytic-Psychotherapy is a process through which individuals work one-on-one with a trained psychologist in a safe, caring, and confidential environment. The individual-therapist relationship is a crucial element for success in this form of treatment. Together we will explore your feelings, beliefs, behaviors, work through challenging or influential memories, identify aspects of your life you want to change, better understand yourself and others, set personal goals, and work toward desired change.
Individual psychotherapy is helpful for people affected by:
- Chronic Anxiety
- Issues with intimacy and relationships
- Personality Disorders, such as Borderline Personality, Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder, and Avoidant Personality Disorder
- Issues common in older adulthood, such as declining health and loss of a spouse.
- Unhealthy use of food and body image issues
- Alcohol and Substance Abuse
- Anger Management